Lately Kit and I have been really trying to do family scripture study and family prayers.
We haven't been doing a very good job in the past but we made it a family goal to do it every night. We also know how important it is for our family and for our kids. We want them to know the gospel. We want them to know the scriptures.
Brigham has really enjoyed this new family routine at night. As you can see below, he has his own little scriptures (which he loves) and is so involved in reading from them.
He even asks Kit to "mark" his scriptures so they look like his. He's so funny!
Brigham is typically too shy to say the prayer, but lately he is all into it.
Tonight he did it all by himself. No help! He was very proud of himself.
His prayer went a little like this...
"Dear Heavenly Father,
fankful for this day.
Bless uncle spencer.
Bless uncle eric and his hurt foot.
I love my mommy and daddy,
OH and baby gracie! (giggle)-he really did giggle :)
grateful for my prophet.
"What else mommy? I forgot."
Oh yeah, grateful for the gospel.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!
I did it Mom!
(big smiles)
I am so grateful to be apart of such an amazing family,
To be apart of such an amazing gospel.
I'm so grateful for my husband who teaches me everyday to be better.
Because of him I am better.
I'm grateful for my kids.
Gracie has brought such a sweet and special spirit into our home.
We all love her so much!
We feel so blessed to have her in our family.
Brigham's little testimony is so precious.
He really wants to learn and be big, if you will.
He wants to be just like his Dad and read and teach from the scriptures.
His prayer was so sweet and simple and
straight to the point.
He taught me that it's easy to get down on your knees and pray
to our Father in Heaven.
He did it! So can I!
These are moments that I don't want to ever forget.
These are moments that are shaping our family and there testimonies.
I love my family.
I love my kids.
I love the gospel.
2 comments:
I love this post, I'm so proud of you!! You are an example to me. Family Scripture study is the best; that is so awesome!!! Loved briggs prayer, so sweet!! You have such an amazing family!! Love u guys!
That is so wonderful. You will receive the greatest joys from your children, living the gospel and following the Lord. I love you Shan and so proud of the mother you have become right before my eyes. Love Mom
Post a Comment