Friday, October 15, 2010

Amazing Fall Recipe!



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


1 cup sugar

1 cup canned pumpkin

1/2 cup oil

1 egg

Mix together above ingredients. Sift and add to above:

2 cups flour

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

2 tsp baking powder

Dissolve and add to rest of ingredients:

1 tsp soda

1 tsp milk

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup chocolate chips

Drop by spoonfuls on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

Cool.


Orange icing:

1/2 cup butter

A cup or so of powdered sugar

Orange


Melt the butter and mix with the powdered sugar.

Slice orange in half and squeeze all the juice,

until you have a nice icing-like consistency.

Zest the peel into the icing.

Lightly drizzle over the cookies.


Of special note:

*I make half of the batch without chocolate chips. We appreciate diversity in baking.

*You can skip the fresh orange and just add orange extract to the above orange icing ingredients.

*When you are done, you will need to promptly hide the entire batch.

You will have already eaten 9 cookies and won't be able to stop until you feel like vomiting.

They are that good.


I don't normally like anything pumpkin, but ever since I got pregnant I just love the smell of pumpkin! Everything pumpkin! So when my sis (mindy jo) sent me this recipe I had to make them asap!

I just made them tonight and I really can't stop eating them! They are SO GOOD and make the perfect treat for any occasion.


ENJOY!


Love,

Shan

xoxo

1 comment:

The Chambers said...

So I totally made these and shared them for others on my blog. I couldn't stop eating them. Holy heavens were they tasty! Thanks so much for sharing!