We are trying something new with Briggs, as far as discipline goes.
As most of you know, Briggs can be a little spit fire sometimes. And let's be honest he is getting way too old for spanks and time outs, they just don't work anymore. A friend of mine told me of the "Bean" method her sister did with her kids. So I decided to give it a try. I went out and bought 4 different colors of beans and Kit and I sat Brigham down and told him what would happen if he made bad choices. He was NOT excited about Mom's new idea. Well Sunday came around and it ended up being Briggs first day of doing BEANS. As you can tell he was not happy.
At first he only had to fill one cup full but he started to smart off and talking nasty so I added another cup. It took him 30 minutes to finally finish filling them! He was SO TIRED, he says. I thought that was pretty funny. So not only is Brigham learning organizational skills but he's figuring out that if he makes bad choices he has to do BEANS! He does not want to do it ever again! (brigham's words)We'll see how long that lasts! :)
4 comments:
I love this idea. And the look on his face is priceless. I could see him doing this and NOT wanting to do it again. He will get good at this I am sure.
This is awesome! I laughed so hard at that first pic of him! What a good idea!
lol that is awesome! I will have to remember that for when Mathias doesn't listen or when time outs don't work anymore:)
Seems like a great idea!
Post a Comment