Monday, March 7, 2011

family secret

My mother came over tonight to teach me how to make one
of my favorite things!
Her fluffy, flaky, yummy warm scones!

A little bit of history about the scones...
when we lived in Lincoln, Nebraska my mom and a friend
opened up a little tea room.
They made some awesome food and had a cute little shop.
Little girls would come and have a tea party and little old women
would come in with friends to have a there daily cup of tea.
Long story short, I used to go and help my mom every now and then
work the tea parties and prepare the food.
She always said that all the recipes were a secret.
Then, I never really cared to know the recipe, but now
I'm dying to get my hands on them!

Tonight my mom finally trusted me with the Scone recipe!
I was SO happy and was SO excited about making them!


Thanks mom for making them with me!
I've already eaten 3...okay 4!!! :)
They are so addicting!
And sorry everyone...
I'm not allowed to give the recipe out,
so if you really want it you need to sweet talk
Mama Bittle!


6 comments:

Kelly Bittle said...

Oh that was so fun!! and very yummy! love the pics...I am so glad you can keep a secret!!!

Love you Mom

jkwareham said...

My mouth is offically watering!!!
It looks SO good!
I think I might have to try and get it someday!!

xo,
kellee

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so glad you learned how to make them; now you can show me. I loved working in the tea room, those were the good ole' days. Turned out so yummy! I'm hungry!

Take me as I am said...

Those look delicious! How fun to spend some bonding time with your wonderful mother.. and for her to trust you enough to share her secret recipe.. I promise.. I won't tell:)

Jill Revell said...

so if you're not giving out the recipe you'll definitely have to make them for me when you're out here next!

michaelandjamie said...

I think I might know of another lady who would give me the recipe for those scones. LOL! Man I haven't had one of those in a long time. I think I'll give that lady a call and maybe she can teach Jamie how to make them.