Friday, July 17, 2009

Moving Sucks

I just need to take a moment to vent....I HATE moving! Kit and I have been married for almost 4 years this September and this will be our 5th place that we have moved into. Each time we move it seems there is just more and more stuff or JUNK! I'm actually REALLY excited about moving into our new place. It's a 3 bedroom and 2 full bathroom duplex. It's really really nice and almost 1300 sq. ft. That's HUGE for us! We're still renters....someday we'll own our own home...we're just not quite there yet. ANYWAYS, back to my venting (or I guess you could call it whining!). It's really time consuming-your house gets SO messy and then clean and then messy again-it's a horrible cycle! It makes it 100 times harder to get all packed up when you have a 2 1/2 year old coming in behind you unpacking what you just packed! He can be such a little stink sometimes!!! He says, "I just want to help MOMMY!" or "I just looking MOMMY, gosh!" He has such an attitude! But...I still love the little psycho! *So if I can give anyone advice about moving it would be to...pack! I mean REALLY pack. And do it WAY ahead of time. I know it might stink living with boxes all over your house-but you'll be glad you did it. *Clean as you go...it leaves less for you to do when your all done. *Get help...it's easier and you get a lot done faster when you have help. *Try to do it without kids...I know (especially in my case) that there's just no way around that-but if you can-it's so much easier! It's also really hard to find boxes without having to pay for them! That's been one of my biggest things. Anyways, I'm done with my venting...I swear on my LIFE that this WILL be the last time we move until we actaully buy a home!

5 comments:

Jill Revell said...

k- first of all your blog is adorable! i love the header and the background.

i'm with you. i'm already dreading the big move in one year. i'm honestly contemplating paying to have someone do it for me. another thing that helps me is to de-junk in the process. if you have something that you'll never use don't just move it from one house to the next. i wish i could say that my next move will be the last until we move into a home but that just isn't likely.

i'm so jealous of the space in your next place. i love that it has a 3rd bedroom and 1300 square feet is plenty big for your little family and it still gives you room to grow in.

Mindy Jo said...

Wish I were there. I'd love to help! Wish I would've remembered to loan you my totes. Bad Sister! So sorry! Ask someone in the ward to borrow their empty totes. I'm sure there's SOMEone who would help.

Anonymous said...

Ok, where did you get that cute header so stinkin' cute. And hello I am in town and I love to pack, I helped mindy pack a month in advance. :)

The Chambers said...

I found your blog off of Mindy's. Hope you don't mind! Um...yes, I totally was not joking when I said I wanted to go shopping with you. I LOVE the clothes I have seen SO FAR at church...you are a doll. We really need to get together and play. We are always up for NEW friends! P.S....I LOVE your blog, so cute and crafty and I LOVE ETSY!!! The jewelry you make is SOO cute! Great job! Those "fancy notebooks" are to die for. ADORABLE! Talk to you soon!!!

-Andrea

The Mrs. said...

I totally know what you mean.

I would much rather spend my life helping others move, than me having to do it one more time.

Jamee
xoxo